Trailer Axle Services
Is your trailer eating through tires too quickly? At Torklift Central, we offer several trailer axle services in Kent, Seattle, Renton, Tacoma, Auburn and the surrounding cities since 1976.
When your trailer axles are out of alignment your trailer skids on the tires instead of working with them- the tires then heat up abnormally causing increased wear and tear. Unaligned trailer axles put your safety at risk every time you tow by encouraging your trailer to wander and jerk.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!SMS/Text Call Us Email Us
Axle misalignment, no matter how miniscule, will cause:
- Unnatural and premature tire wear that can result in a blowout
- Suspension damage and failure
- Wandering, jerking and tension that transfers to your tow vehicle compromising ride stability and causing damage to your vehicle’s trailer hitch and frame
Torklift Central provides axle alignments to ensure you’re safe every time you go on an adventure. If we find your trailer axles are unsafe, we provide trailer axle services and trailer axle repair and replacement.
We also provide trailer axle flips to ensure your trailer doesn’t scrape on the ground on the way out of the gas station or your driveway. By flipping the leaf springs above the axle, your trailer is given additional lift. This is especially important for 5th wheel trailers, as its recommended to have at least 6” of clearance between the bottom of the overhang of the trailer and the top of the truck bed to avoid costly damage to your truck cab and bed. Many (people) barely meet the minimum.
To help maintain your trailer suspension, brakes, bearings and more – we offer a FREE, 10-point safety inspection with scheduled service to make sure that you are towing safely on the road with your cargo.
- Breakaway system: In case of disconnect or accident, this is crucial to stop the trailer
- Bearing tension: Verify that the bearing isn’t too loose or too tight
- Tire and air pressure: Under or over inflated tires can cause further issues
- Suspension: Vibrations from the road can cause things to become loose and wear prematurely. Inspection is critical$
- Lights: With proper working lights, your safety and the safety of others are protected
- Braking system: Verify proper operation of the brakes in their current condition
- Grease fittings: Keep parts lubricated to ensure longevity and lifespan of your parts
- Ball coupler/kingpin: Prevent potential trailer disconnect from worn or damaged parts
- Safety chains: Inspect for proper length when towing as well as for wear and tear
- Chassis and frame: Inspect trailer for fracture points, cracks, tears, or rust in the frame