The safest, most exhilarating sedan on the road, your Model S needs a trailer hitch that will be able to keep up with all of your driving needs, especially one that is as low profile as the EcoHitch. With the EcoHitch for Tesla, we have manufactured a perfect complement to your sleek Model S. The EcoHitch for the Tesla Model S comes in both 1¼-inch and 2-inch receiver sizes so you get your choice of which bike racks and cargo trays will work best for the receiver you choose.
The Tesla Model S EcoHitch Stealth is designed to be removable when not in use, so no one will know you have a trailer hitch installed unless you are using it to haul your bikes or extra cargo. As an added bonus, there is no drilling to install the EcoHitch, so you don’t have to drill into the frame of your Model S.
This trailer hitch for Tesla will let you maintain a great drive in your Model S without changing style or efficiency since you can remove the receiver when it’s not in use. With 200 pounds tongue weight and 2,000 pounds towing weight capacity you won’t have to leave anything behind with this hitch for Tesla Model S, and it’s also been tested to fit the refreshed version of the 2016 Model S.
2012-2016 Tesla Model S EcoHitch Features:
- Completely concealed design - only receiver is visible
- 100 percent bolt-on installation - no drilling required
- Engineered to meet stringent national SAE J684 towing safety standards
- Rated for 200 pounds tongue weight, 2,000 pounds towing weight
- Available in 1¼-inch and 2-inch receivers
- Designed to complement the aerodynamic contours and underbody airflow of vehicle
- Manufactured with high impact powder coat
- Material can include a qualified combination of aerospace grade aluminum, stainless steel or steel*
- Eco-friendly, made with recycled materials
- Free shipping to lower 48 states
- Made in U.S.A
- Lifetime Warranty
*Depending on the application, the product can include a combination of up to three qualified materials
The Stealth EcoHitch is 100% completely hidden when not in use. The crosstube is hidden behind the bumper and comes with a removable receiver. When not towing or hauling, the receiver can be detached to hide the hitch making it completely undetectable.
|Part #||Bare Weight||Box Dimensions|
|x7201||36.3 lbs||53" x 12.5" x 14"|
|x7202||33.6 lbs||53" x 12.5" x 14"|
*WARNING* Your vehicle may have a lower tow rating than this trailer hitch. If your vehicle's tow rating is less than the rated towing capacity on your Torklift Central trailer hitch, your trailer hitch capacity is limited to your vehicle's factory rated towing capacity.
*This video is intended to give a general overview of how this hitch is installed. For more specific information or details, please refer to the written instructions. You can request instructions here on our website.
Customer Reviews (5)
- Highly Recommend Torklift CentralReview by ibdb
- I had them [Torklift Central] install our EcoHitch at their Kent location a few months ago. Couldn't have been easier. We're local and my family has used their services for years -- starting way back before Tesla even existed. I've never hesitated to recommend them to anyone. (Posted on 10/18/2016)
- Well Designed ProductReview by Andrew
- The EcoHitch is an incredibly well designed product. I had it installed by a local body shop that specializes in high end cars. I use my EcoHitch for my bike rack. There is some impact on range, but I never really use it for trips. Even so, I could easily make it from Supercharger to Supercharger in my 70D. (Posted on 9/21/2016)
- EcoHitch for Tesla Model S Review by Rick
- The EcoHitch is phenomenal. The way the hitch receiver attaches to the hitch frame and the frame to the car eliminates all the noise and vibration typical of most hitch receivers. (Posted on 3/23/2016)
- Tesla rackReview by kappy
- Great hitch i use it for 2 electric bikes that weigh 50 lbs each. It took about 1 hour to install the hitch and when i am not using my bike rack i remove the hitch receiver and the car doesn't look any different then any other Tesla (Posted on 11/23/2015)
- LOVE it. Completely hidden when not in useReview by Newscutter
I wrote an extensive review with some installation info on my blog about a year ago. Since then we've used the hitch numerous times and have zero complaints. The cover stays firmly attached when not in use through all four seasons. Read more here: http://teslapittsburgh.blogspot.com/2014/11/my-baby-gets-back-torklift-ecohitch.html
(Posted on 11/5/2015)