Front Tie Downs
Torklift TRUE frame-mounted camper tie downs have four independent points that bolt directly to the truck frame. These truck camper tie downs dramatically improves stability and handling while hauling your truck camper and also prevents truck bed and bumper damage commonly found with bed-mounted tie down systems.
One of the biggest problems with ratchet straps is that you have no way of measuring the amount tension being applied to the tie downs on the truck. This is critical due to the fact that manufacturers require 300 pounds tension at each truck camper anchor point. Inability to measure the load being applied by the ratchet straps makes it very easy to damage either the tie downs, the truck frame or the camper’s anchor points if there is too much tension. On the contrary, when less than the proper tension is applied, the truck camper can shift and damage both the camper and the truck bed.
We looked to create a tie down product that when used with spring-loaded truck camper turnbuckles such as the No. 1 selling FastGun turnbuckle, the SpringLoad XL, Basic SpringLoad, and AnchorGuard turnbuckles, that the whole system replaces potentially hazardous ratchet straps and keep your camping experience safe and enjoyable. These frame-mounted tie downs are designed for your specific truck model. Torklift frame-mounted tie downs don’t compromise any ground clearance and are hidden when not in use. Simply remove the insert when not hauling your camper. With a fast, no-drill installation these pickup camper tie downs, along with their rear tie down counterparts, provide dramatic improvements with vehicle handling and stability while hauling a camper. These Torklift tie downs are the front tie down applications only and come in a set of two. They will need to be combined with a set of two rear tie downs frame-mounted camper tie downs.
Torklift truck camper tie down options exceed the toughest demands you can make during camping trips. These tie downs provide a sturdy foundation for life on the road with dramatic improvements to vehicle handling and stability while hauling a truck camper.
True Frame-Mounted Tie Down Features
- Dramatic improvement with vehicle handling and stability and is the safest way to haul a truck camper (Prevents vehicle sway and camper movement in all directions)
- Haul your truck camper confidently by attaching your tie downs to the strongest part of the truck: the frame
- Avoid bed and bumper damage that is common with other tie down systems
- Maintain the value of your truck and prevent rust and bed damage by avoiding drilling into your truck bed or bumper
- Provides safety, security and stability while on the road
- Custom fit to specific truck makes and models to allow for the ultimate safety and confidence
- The only truck camper tie down that mounts using independent tie down points that bolt directly to the truck frame
- Fast, no-drill installations securing your truck camper to your truck (100% no-drill for all trucks after 2001)
- No loss of ground clearance perfect for off-road truck camping
- Hidden design when not in use to return your truck to its original look
- Vehicle manufacturer recommends that all full-height slide-in camper bodies be directly attached to the vehicle frame structure
- It is required that no addition holes be drilled through the vehicle frame side rail horizontal flanges
- It is suggested that outrigger-type "L" brackets be attached to the frame's vertical web to which the camper body can be conveniently attached
- Lockable with Tie Down Locks (sold separately)
- Only truck camper tie down system with a Legendary Lifetime Warranty
- Proudly made in the USA